Monday, September 01, 2008

Celebrity Moment

Normally I'm not the one to try to see celebrities from my favorite shows. In general I think it's kind of a waste of time. I have, however, had a celebrity sighting that I got very excited about.

This weekend Chelsea's old roommates came up to spend some time seeing Seattle and the Kitsap Penninsula. Since the space needle was indisposed because of an annual music festival, and downtown was in a general state of disarray due to the Labor Day crowds, we decided to go see some of the lesser known attractions. Among those on the list was the Freemont Troll. (As seen in "Ten Things I Hate About You" and pictured here.) Since I've never driven there myself we got to do some great exploring while we zeroed in on it's location.
So there we were driving around Lake Union and going up and down some nice hills, when all of the sudden we crested on a hill and down on the water I could see the North American!!!!! This is one of the boats from one of the greatest TV shows in the history of man: Deadliest Catch. It's captained by Sten Skaar. I tried to get down closer but these were the only pictures I was able to get of it. If you are curious about the boat, you can check out the Discovery Channel website here.So there you go, to me the celebrities of the show are the boats.

7 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Travis said...

me = jealous

I love that show :(

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Never heard of it. Never heard of the troll either and I lived in Seattle for 6 years! What's up with me?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Chelsea said...

He was hilarious! He was so excited and tried so hard to get closer...no luck! I think he would have liked to get close enough to kiss the boat! The show is actually very good and interesting...and I'm a girl!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Ashley and Dave said...

Dave really likes this show too, but I dont know if he would recognize the boat name...maybe I'll ask him and see.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Miriam, don't feel bad, the troll was built in 1990, so unless you've lived there in the last 20 years you wouldn't have seen it.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I LOVE Deadliest Catch! It's one of my favorite shows ever!! I'm so jealous that you got a glimpse of one of the boats! Lucky!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

Oh good - maybe I'm not quite so clueless. I keep forgetting how old I really am and how long ago it actually was that I lived in Seattle! (Now I've gone and depressed myself!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home