Friday, August 08, 2008

Destination At Last!!!

We won't be getting internet until next Thursday, so you can thank my new neighbor for letting us use their internet for the evening. Nowadays it really isn't a surprise that I can find at least one bar of wireless network for 6 different networks from my living room. Only one of them was open access, which shows that the folks around here are a little savvy with the intar-webs machines. Anyway, to my new neighbor, thanks for the temporary access.

(Que fanfare) We are now in our new home. (Fanfare ends) Here we are, after more than a week of wandering and living in the homes of others we have settled down and are now paying for our own place. As you can see from the picture, there is a lot going on here. Our classy camp chairs and tool box end table really complete the feel of the room. Our stuff won't be here until Monday, so this weekend we get to have a campout without even leaving the house. What's even more fun is the game of making meals without pots, pans, or a microwave. Pretty much we are limited to vegetables or things you make in the oven. Tonight we bought a frozen pizza. So far, so good.

Our apartment feels really good. It's like a daylight basement. Also we have a nice little porch with a nice lawn space. That's our spot right in the middle of the picture on the first floor. I can't wait to do some grilling out there.

This complex is shaping up to be really nice, except for one thing: I can't work on my car here. I'm going to have to press the rules a little bit to get a feel for the enforcement, so I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Michelle Kruger said...

I'm glad you arrived safely and have a nice place. The camp chairs/tool box table give it a nice homey feel. Post pictures when you have furniture.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

Yippity do-dah! Home at last :)
Looks way fun. Dad and Blake lived exactly like that for months here in Roosevelt before our house in Twin sold -- those camp chairs don't last well, so I'm glad your camping days are limited! I'm with Michelle - keep those pictures coming!!! Love ya!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

Bet Chelsea's reading Breaking Dawn in that picture :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home