Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Tunes for the Landcruiser

Well, the radio in the Landcruiser really started acting up. I thought that after 14 years it had paid its dues and it was time for a new one. I had planned on getting one later this year, maybe for Christmas or something, but the old one began displaying new symptoms so we decided to move up the schedule. This guy is packed with features. Of course, you can listen to the radio, and CDs, but this also has a USB connector that lets you connect your ipod and control it through the deck rather than having to play with the ipod while driving. I can also burn data CDs of MP3s and WMAs and store several hours of music on a disc. As if that wasn't enough I can also plug a flash drive full of music directly into the USB drive and then the deck becomes an MP3 player as big as the flash drive I care to put in it. There's also an auxiliary input so I can plug any headphone jack into it and hear it. Here it is, neat, huh.

Since installation at Best Buy would have been $95 including parts I decided to do it my self. I ordered the deck from Crutchfield.com because they include those installation parts for free, so I saved myself a bunch by being a little savvy with the electronics. But just in case you thought this might not be a genuine Tom Kruger installation, or (heaven forbid) I start to get a little too confident in my abilities, I made a mistake. In my haste to get everything together and get the auxiliary plugs wired, I forgot to plug in the antenna cable. That only means I can't listen to my radio stations, but everything else works fine. It's not a big deal. I just couldn't fix it today because I ran out of daylight. Pretty soon I'll have to take the stuff apart again and get it all together.

Anyway, it sounds great. Thanks Pioneer!!

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

Does it do windows? :)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Tara said...

I don't know much about this techie stuff, but it looks cool and that is the most important thing. Right!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home