Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day

This year for Valentines Day I decided to grill up some steaks. I bought some beauts too. They were some lovely NY strips or Top Sirloin or one of those nice cuts. I could hardly wait. There was just one little possible problem. After all, this is western Washington. Not to worry though, I had a redneck tarp handy so I set it up. I was determined to be grilling-rain or shine.See, neat, huh? Grilling in February Western Washington Style.

Well, the steaks were really good. I can't say they were epic because I was trying to make too many things at once and the grill was a little hotter than I thought. The steaks wound up with a little extra color (black) but overall they were still very good.

The heat from the grill also caused another casualty. I've always used the grill right next to the house and never thought anything of it, but this time the price was steep. One of the times I went in to tend the stuff in the kitchen I left the grill lid open. When it was open it was only about an inch and a half from the glass of my back window. All of the sudden I heard a loud pop that startled both Jake and I. It seems that the heat from the grill heated a small area of glass to the point that it couldn't take it anymore. So now I get to replace the biggest window in my house. My favorite. Check it out:
I've been thinking I want to get one of those little gazebos to go out on the patio. This might be a nice excuse. Also, with one of those I could grill all year round.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Ouch! The gazebo idea is neat.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Chelsea said...

Thanks for the dinner babe! It was delicious!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Tara said...

That is a bummer. Sorry to hear about the window. Totally worth it for the great steaks though. Right?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home