Monday, January 25, 2010

Best Toy EVER or Doggy Crack

For those of you who don't know my dog Jake, he is one of the most even tempered dogs I know. He's a lover, not a fighter and he wants to make friends with everyone. Today, however, we had a little change from his usual. For a short time he actually became a junkie. You might ask, how can this be? How can dogs become junkies? Well we found out. It all started at Christmas.

Lots of our friends and family remembered Jake this Christmas. Mom gave him this cool dog treat thing that looked like a stocking and was filled with rawhide treats. Here is a picture of it when I unwrapped it:Looks fun, huh. Well it was. The rawhide treats were a hit. (All rawhide treats are a hit, for that matter.) So at last, Jake had eaten all the treats in the little stocking. But wait, just when you think the fun is over, the stocking itself if made of rawhide. So, today Chelsea gave the stocking to Jake. Due to it's unusual shape she didn't know if he would know what to do with it, but he did. In fact he prized it above just about any toy we've ever given him. It was a while before he even got down to the business of chewing it. Chelsea said he spent some time just carrying it around the house. It was too cool to let anyone (even Chelsea) near it. So Jake spent most of the afternoon munching away.

Then, as is my custom, I went over to pet him while he was chewing. Usually he just lays there happily chewing while I pet him a little, but today, as soon as I touched him he started to growl! So, like that person you can't help but tease because of the reaction, I couldn't leave him alone. I don't think I've ever seen him get like this. So now we've come to the reason for this long-winded post. I took a video because I had to share it with all of you. Enjoy.



Sorry Jake, but it was really funny. How about that, the container was more interesting than the actual gift.

By the way, this was my 100th post. It only took me four years to get here.

3 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Make sure and not send that with him when he comes to our house!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I remember a time when he wasn't very even tempered, but that was Casper's fault and his attacking nature. Just kidding. I was excited to see the video but it wouldn't play for me. Sad!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Yea! I finally got it to play. A little protective isn't he?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home