Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Naming of the Land Cruiser

I have been thinking for some time that the Land Cruiser needs a name. For a long time I haven't known what I what I would like to name it, but that all changed today. I was reminded of a story that is a great science fiction classic, Dune. It is a story about a prince called Paul Atreides of the House Atreides. who becomes a leader for a people who live on a sand planet which is called Dune--hence the name. Anyway, this prince has a certain friend who was his closest friend. His name was Duncan. Duncan was also one of the greatest warriors of the House Atreides. He died in the stuggle to win the Dune Planet from the Harkonnens. So, in honor him, the Land Cruiser will be called Duncan.

3 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Chelsea said...

I don't know who started the silly idea of naming their cars. However, I'm glad you are finally happy with your choice! I decided maybe it was a good idea you didn't name the car after me. Don't want you swearing at the car calling it my name! Even though it is cheuvenistic to think you can't name a car a girl name.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Travis said...

Duncan McCloud is another good use of the name Duncan.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Packrat said...

I just hope this Duncan doesn't have to die trying to save anything...

Happy New Year.

PS: I think you and my husband would be good friends. You two seem to have a lot in common.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home