Wednesday, April 30, 2008

At Last, Graduation!!

The odyssey that began in August of 2001 is finally coming to a close. At long last I will be finishing my undergrad. Today I will take my last final in Mechanics of Composite Materials and the graduation ceremonies will be on Friday.

As with any major change I'm happy to see it come, but there are things about the student life that I will miss. Believe it or not, I'll miss the late night homework sessions and test study sessions. I'll miss the people that I've met during my undergrad and the friendships I have with them. (Another guy from my class got a job at the shipyard too, so I'll see him still.) I'll miss being on campus and constantly being exposed to new concepts throughout the course of the various semesters. This time has been very well spent, and now it's time to look forward.

In the future it will be up to me to decided what I want or need to learn. Hopefully, school has taught me more about learning that it has about engineering and I will be able to structure my own studies. The problem with this is that I'm no longer limited to engineering. There are so many interesting and important topics to study. For one thing, I haven't given enough time to scriptural studies. And then there's current events that must be considered in order to be a constructive member of society.

When I was a teenager I didn't like change, but serving my mission taught me (if nothing else) that change was the only constant, and that making life successful was not about moving in the direction you wanted but doing the most with the direction in which you are moving.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Chelsea said...

Congratulations Babe! It's been long coming and I'm very proud of the hard work that you've put in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home