Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election Day

Every election the political stakes get higher. In fact, this is the first time I can remember that I actually had a presidential candidate that I thought could do some good.

I hoped Governor Romney would be able to help the economy. I believe the key to a strong economy is creating a good environment for small business. I don't think they should receive federal (or state) aid or grants. I also don't think they should receive federally backed loans. I just think the tax and regulatory environment is very stifling for startups and that hurts everybody.

This election there were many issues I really had an opinion on. I was on the losing side of all of them.

Here are the races/initiatives that I voted on the losing side (in the order they appear on the ballot):
74 (Marriage Redefinition)*
502 (Legalizing Marijuana)*
President *
Senator
House of Representatives District 6
Governor
Lt. Gov
Treasurer
Commissioner of Public Lands
Insurance Commissioner
Legislative District 26, Position 2
County Commissioner Dist 1
County Commissioner Dist 2

Not all of those I really cared about (* = I cared about it). The ones I didn't, I pretty much voted on the republican party line. Very few republicans won here. It surprised me how democratic the county leaned. Everybody I talked to at work seemed very republican. I guess they all live down in Mason County.

2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger ben said...

Well, the good thing is that you actually went and did your part. I'm not going to say that you now have the permission to complain (because nobody likes a complainer) but you can voice your opinion. This is what I like about the system. So, did they pass the marriage and marijuana things?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Chelsea said...

Yep, feel your pain! Hell in a hand basket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home