Friday, March 05, 2010

Some More Pics

The first night we got to Japan we were pretty wasted and we just wanted to crash. The next night, however, we were ready to go see some stuff. I took a few pictures and I thought I would leave you with my next installment of Japan photos. Enjoy!

The night before we left my coworker gave me 4 jars of salsa that he and his wife make every year.Knowing I could get chips at the commissary and not wanting to wait for some delicious salsa, I wrapped one of them in bubble wrap to take it with me. You'll all be glad to know that it made it just fine, and is very delicious.

So which is it? Irish or American?Check out this beast!! It's a 70 series Landcruiser. I knew that Toyota sells these in Australia, but I didn't know that they sold them here. They are awesome. Some more pictures of them can be seen in my facebook album, Aussie Style Landcruisers. I wish I could take it home, diesel V8, manual transmission, and all.Here's another cool Landcruiser. As you can see, this one is a street machine. If you were to take it off road, you would lose all that stupid body cladding in the first few miles. Note the extra mirror above the headlight. Most SUVs here have that.Here's a picture of Blue Street (it's name possibly comes frombecause of the blue tiles on the sidewalks). It's a fun area.This is a restaurant called Pepper Lunch. We went there with some friends from the old ward who are stationed here. It's cool because your food comes on this skillet that is still hot, but the food isn't cooked. You basically wait until it's done then start eating. It was delicious. The one in the pic has ham, eggs, rice and some cheese. I got one with beef and rice. This is what Chelsea had at Pepper Lunch.After dinner we walked around some of the shops in the area. There are tons of shops around. I like walking through them even though I can't read anything on the packages. Most of the malls have a grocery store built into them and all the grocery stores have delicious looking food out all ready to eat as well as great bakeries. If you get tired of Japanese food you can always stop by the Burger King for a good old flame broiled Whopper. This is down on Blue Street.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Chelsea said...

Some of your pictures just made me laugh. So typical for you to post the landcruiser pictures!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

How do the Japanize people stay thin with all that good food available? I salivate just reading Chelsea's and your blogs! (surely you can just tuck one of those vehicles into your luggage on the way home?)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I think you are Land Cruiser obsessed. That's o.k. though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home