Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Actually, "Thanksgiving Weekend" is a misnomer when you don't have the following Friday off work. It ends up being just Thanksgiving Day.

Whatever you call it, this year it was nice. Unfortunately I was not with my wife because she went to be with her family for the weekend. You see, since I had work today it would have been a whirl wind trip to Utah and back and it would have been a record time. Since I stayed behind, Chelsea was able to spend much more time with her family.

So without my wife I went to Kirkland, Washington to have Thanksgiving at my Aunt and Uncle's house. After work on Wednesday I went home and got Jake and we headed for Kingston to get the ferry. I seemed to luck out because everybody was trying to get to Kingston so I was going against the flow of traffic.

In the morning on Thursday we slept in. It was nice. Later on in the early afternoon Wally and I shot bottles in the front yard with BB and pellet guns. Some redneck fun without leaving the driveway.

Jake was in a new place and that required some adjusting. He refused to take a nap like he was supposed to and was becoming very cranky. That worked out well in the end, though because he was so tired that during dinner I fed him and conked right out for the better part of two hours.

Later on in the evening it was time to come home and I decided to go ahead and drive around. Once again, Jake fell right to sleep on the back seat. And, once again, I was opposite the flow of traffic. As I came across the Tacoma Narrows bridge I found that the east-bound traffic was backed up for about five miles trying to cross the bridge. Once again, I'm glad I live on this side of Puget Sound.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

We missed you - but glad to hear you had a nice day with Jake and your Seattle relatives.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Chelsea said...

You could have at least said why I abandoned you in Washington all by yourself. The only reason I left you there was because of my brother's mission homecoming. I love you. Wished you could be here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home