Monday, November 10, 2008

More Canine Dental Pictures

I'm intensely fascinated by this process that Jake is going through of losing teeth and getting his adult teeth. We've been waiting for this for some time because puppy teeth are sharp little suckers. The adult teeth are larger, but much less pointy and sharp. I imagine this is because when dogs are puppies, nature compensated for their weaker jaws by giving them sharper teeth. But that just an engineer's opinion.

Anyway, I have another picture for you all. Here it is:
The arrow on the left is pointing to the very tip of Jake's new upper canine. As you can see, it's being very impatient and not having the courtesy to wait for the other to vacate before muscling in. It looks painful, but Jake doesn't seem bothered at all. The arrow on the right is pointing to the lower canine which is coming in just fine. In an earlier blog I posted a picture that I took right after that tooth fell out. In that picture it was just a big red spot.

Here are the teeth I've managed to get so far:To give you an idea of scale, the one on the right is about 1/2" across. I'm hoping to get at least one canine, but I've already missed two out of four, so hopefully my luck will change.

Lastly, I had the camera out so I took some new pictures of Jake. Here's one of them:Always alert. You never know who may have food.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger The Zouns said...

I can only imagine what the posts are going to be like when you have children. Will you post photos of their teeth also? HaHa

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

He is SO cute! I think it's awesome that you're documenting all of this. When he's older you'll look back and wonder where all the time went!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home